The expectations, rules, procedures and consequences of my classroom are intended to keep the classroom environment safe, orderly, and productive. Please respect the rules so that we can maximize learning time together. The rules are not hard to follow, nor are any of them “out of the ordinary.” They are simply expected behaviors for middle school students in this classroom.
- Respect yourself, the teacher & others
- Show respect for the teacher, yourself and others at all times.
- Respect others’ property. Avoid touching or writing on anything that does not belong to you (including desks, textbooks, teacher’s belongings, walls, chalkboard, etc.). Don't expect that others will clean-up your messes. Please pick-up after yourself.
- Respect yourself and the rest of us by using appropriate language and wearing appropriate clothing.
- Be a kind person.
- Put forth your best effort at all times
- Always do your own best work.
- Put learning ahead of getting good grades.
- Put quality ahead of just getting it done.
- Be prepared for class each day
- Come prepared with all materials necessary:
- Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
- Electronic devices (CD players, Ipods, handheld games, mini-TVs or personal DVD players, cell phones, pagers, etc.) are NOT permitted in my classroom.
- Cell Phones should be turned off and invisible during the class period.If I see or hear your phone it will be taken away and given to an administrator. Refusal to turn over the cell phone will be treated as insubordinate behavior.
- No food or drink in the classroom
- No food or beverage is permitted without a doctor’s note.
- Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
- · You should immediately begin on the warm up activity or journal entry.
- Be “physically” and “mentally” present in the classroom
- Never line up at the door before dismissal
- Please remain in your seat until I have dismissed you. Never line up at the door before dismissal.
- Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
- Cheating is completely unacceptable. If I see you cheating on any assignment I will give you a zero and report the incident to your assistant principal, principal and parents.
- Plagiarism (copying work from another source without giving proper credit) is completely unacceptable. If you plagiarize on any assignment you will earn a “0” on that assignment with no opportunity to re-do the work for credit.
- Use polite and appropriate language
- Offensive, derogatory, and profane terms are not tolerated. In order to have a safe classroom environment where all students feel comfortable, no put downs, swear words, or slang words with demeaning connotations will be accepted. Remember, if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all!