Course Description: This course examines the nutritional needs of the individual. Emphasis is placed on fundamentals of food production, kitchen & meal management, food groups & their preparation, and time & resource management.
- Relationship between food choices & health
- Methods of food preparation
- Procedures, nutrition and cooking methods in food preparation
- Procedures, nutrition and techniques applied to baking production
- Principles of etiquette for meal service
- Methods for meal planning and preparation
- 3 ring binder
- 3 tab dividers
- Notebook paper
- Pens & pencils
- Optional: colored pencils, markers, glue sticks
- Prior notice will be given for additional supplies
- Major tests/projects – 50%
- Labs/Quizzes – 25%
- Classwork/participation – 15%
- Homework/notebook – 10%
- Be Prompt - be seated, with all necessary materials when the bell rings
- Be prepared - actively participate in class, keep up with assignments and your notebook
- Be polite - respect yourself, each other, and the equipment
- Safety first!
- Follow ALL school rules!
- Parent Contact
- Parent Contact PLUS after school detention
- Office Referral
When absent, you have up to 3 days to complete missed work. It is your responsibility to contact me to obtain missed work and return the assignment on time. Work not returned within 5 days will not receive credit. If absent the day of a pre-announced test, paper, project or assignment, the item is due the day you return.
I will be available via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school at 336 – 242-1574.
*Please follow our class REMIND - rmd_at@b9896gh