Current Units of Study
Course Description: This course examines the nutritional needs of the individual. Emphasis is placed on fundamentals of food production, kitchen & meal management, food groups & their preparation, and time & resource management.
- Relationship between food choices & health
- Methods of food preparation
- Procedures, nutrition and cooking methods in food preparation
- Procedures, nutrition and techniques applied to baking production
- Principles of etiquette for meal service
- Methods for meal planning and preparation