Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jessica Harris Monroe
Welcome to your English I class here at Lexington Senior High School!
I am a North Carolina native and a graduate of Winston-Salem State University (Bachelor of Arts, 9-12 English), Salem College (Master's of Education, English, Language and Literacy, Reading K-12), and Gardner-Webb University (Master's in School Administration). Currently, I am working toward the completion of my Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction at Gardner-Webb University. I have spent the past 11 years teaching within the state of North Carolina as a certified reading and English teacher. This is the fifth year that I have taught at Lexington Senior High School. I enjoy reading, writing, shopping, and learning new information.
With the help of each other, the literature that we read, along with our imaginations, it will be hard for us to enter our class this year and leave unchanged! All of the lessons, resources, and materials that we will use in class will be available for you in Canvas. I am always available to answer any questions or to provide assistance. Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Throughout the semester, you will:
- Make connections and write about the literature that we read.
Participate in grammar, writing, and editing activities.
- Watch engaging movies and video clips related to the material that we read.
- Practice for the SAT, ACT, and EOC Exams (vocabulary and reading comprehension).
- Be able to think from the author/ character’s point of view.
- Consider it easy to write and speak about your opinions (warm-ups).
- See many of the same texts that you read in this class at the college/ university that you wish to attend, upon graduating from LSHS.