Phone: 3362421548 Ext: 4011
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: Master of Arts Professional Mental Health Counseling, Webster University Post Master Certificate Professional School Counseling, University of North Carolina at Charlotte Bachelor of Science Human Services, Wingate University Certifications: Licensed School Counselor
Ms. Derezma Little
Hello my name is Ms. Derezma Little, I am the proud Professional School Counselor at Southwest Elementary Global Academy! I have been a licensed School Counselor for a total of 8 years. I have worked for Lexington City Schools for a total of 8 years. I am thankful for the opportunity to work with students, staff and families! Please see below more in detail some of the services I provide for your child/our scholars at SWEGA!
School Counseling services are delivered in four specific ways:
- Individual student counseling:assisting students with goal formation/planning (behavioral, academic, etc.)
- Small group counseling-it is a vital direct service for students and it is an effecive part in school counseling. Group counseling consists of a small group of students working on shared tasks and developing supportive relationships. School Counselor works with these students directly providing academic, career & social/emotional developmental needs and/or situational needs.
- Classroom Guidance/Developmental Lessons-(Counseling Curriculum designing,structuring,and delivering classroom lessons so that students develop specific outcome-driven competencies in all grades 1st-5th grades and driven by the needs of the school population i.e. Large group counseling.
- Responsive Services- meeting immediate student needs (counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, referral, peer mediation, information-providing).
More professional services/duties I provide:
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings.
- Observe students in various school environments.
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students.
- Respond to school crisis or emergency situations.
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues.
is the role of a School Counselor!