Chromebook, iPad & Hotspot Device Requests & Tech Help for Students
A Lexington City Schools' device is not required in order to access the online work that students need to complete. As long as your device is connected to the internet, you can login to Canvas and access your assignments from that device.
There may be times that students will need a laptop or Internet Access to complete school work at home. LCS is glad to offer students a laptop or HotSpot for check out to complete these assignments. *If your child received a laptop/HotSpot during remote instruction and it was either returned damaged or wasn't returned, they are ineligible to check out another device.
If you are requesting a laptop/tablet for your child, you must complete this form. There is also a section to request a hotspot for internet access in the home.
- If students still have laptops or hotspots checked out from the 2020-2021 school year, they are ineligible to check out loaner devices for the new year until those are returned. The media coordinators have a list of this information.
- Any student who damages two or more devices will require permission from the school administrator and technology director to receive any additional device. Before a second or third device is given, a school administrator must contact the family.
- Teachers can solve the most common student issues, such as locating an assignment, broken links, locating specific content on a teacher's Canvas page, etc.
- For all other technical issues, students or parents may call Tech Support
- (336) 301-3378
- Monday-Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Friday 7:30-3:00
- Outside of those hours or if Tech Support is on another line and unable to answer, the parent or student should complete the Tech Support Request online form.
- Tech Support Request online form
- You will receive a return call within 1 business day. It may come from a number designated as "Unlisted."
- If a replacement device is required, Tech Support will notify the parent and schedule an appointment to swap it for another device.
Downtown Lexington Public WiFi